National Employment StandardsNational Employment Standards https://mjtlaw.com.au/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 MJT Law - Brisbane Employment Lawyers MJT Law - Brisbane Employment Lawyers https://mjtlaw.com.au/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg
Hi, welcome to tips Tuesday
My name is Melanie Thorley and I am the principle solicitor of MJT Law.
Today I want to talk about the national employment standards.
These are 10 minimum standards that apply to all employees in the national workplace relations system.
The 10 standards are:
- Maximum weekly hours
- Cas – Requests for flexible working arrangements
- Cas – Parental leave and related entitlements
- Annual leave
- Cas – Personal carers leave, compassionate leave and unpaid family and domestic violence leave
- Cas – Community service leave
- Cas – Long service leave
- Public holidays
- Notice of termination and redundancy pay
- Cas – Fair work information statement
I will go through each of the national employment standards individually through the coming weeks